Updated March 17, 2014
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We offer services that require you to register for an account and provide personal and possibly proprietary information to us. In order to provide our services, we may collect the following types of information:
Information You Provide
When you sign up for a VRI Direct Account registration requires that we may ask you for personal information (such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, and an account password). For specific services, such as our payment processing program, we also request the following:
- Payers: To process payments, VRI Direct will maintain, in encrypted form on secure servers, purchase order information.
- Service Provider: To process payments, VRI Direct will maintain, in encrypted form on secure servers, required information to transfer or deposit payments.
- Other: VRI Direct will process payments from all users on an as-needed basis. Credit card transactions will be processed upon request. No credit card information will be stored or maintained on the VRI Direct system.
When you access VRI Direct services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol Address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
When you send email or other communications to VRI Direct, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
Affiliated VRI Direct Services
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content
- Research and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Protecting the rights or information of VRI Direct or our users
- Developing new services
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services.
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up for service, we ask you to provide personal information. If we wish to use this information in a manner different from the purpose for which it was collected, we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
You can decline to submit personal information associated with use of our services, in which case VRI Direct may not be able to provide those services to you.
VRI Direct shares necessary personal information with other companies outside of VRI Direct only in the following limited circumstances:
- We have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of VRI Direct, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as (for example) the number of users of our services, or how many users are located in specific states. Such information does not identify you individually.
If you have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to data, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal and sensitive customer data.
We restrict access to personal information to VRI Direct employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use VRI Direct services, we make good-faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests. In some cases we may decline to process requests that will interfere with normal operations or defer such a change until such time as when the cause of the interference is managed or minimized. For example, if a payment has been posted and the interpreter wishes to re-direct the payment to a different account, the transaction must be completed before such a change can be made.
Some requests may be declined because they are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information associated with previously closed transactions), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct, or delete users' personal information. The specific details of these services are available on the web pages that house such information.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is VRI Direct's policy to contact the sender regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal or company data that cannot be resolved between VRI Direct and an individual or company.