VRI Direct User Agreement
Updated March 17, 2014
The following defines the terms on which VRI Direct offers you access to our services.
Welcome to VRI Direct. By using VRI Direct (including VRI Direct.com and its related sites, services and tools), you agree to the following terms with VRI Direct, LLC, and the general principles for the website. This Agreement is effective on November 15, 2010, for current users, and upon acceptance for new users.
These terms and conditions apply to any person, agency, or company (herein after, "Service Provider") providing services using VRI Direct, and any person, agency, or company (herein after, "Service Recipient") receiving services using VRI Direct (herein after, collectively "Users").
Using VRI Direct
While using VRI Direct sites, services, and tools (hereinafter, "Platform"), you will not:
- Violate any laws, third-party rights, or our policies.
- Use our sites' services or tools if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18 except as the recipient of services from a Service Provider, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, or tools.
- Fail to deliver payment for services you received - the end consumer receiving services - unless the Service Provider acknowledges that services were not billable or that the call data reflects a clear accounting error on the part of either party - which shall be shared with all parties involved.
- Manipulate the price of any services or interfere with other users' experiences.
- Circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to VRI Direct or partners or its subscribers.
- Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information).
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback systems (such as displaying, importing, or exporting feedback information off the sites or using it for purposes of personal or professional gain unrelated to VRI Direct).
- Share profile logins with another agent.
- Transfer your VRI Direct account (including feedback) and User ID to another party without our consent.
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm VRI Direct or the interests or property of VRI Direct users.
- Copy, modify, or distribute rights or content from the VRI Direct sites, service, tools, or VRI Direct's copyrights and trademarks.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Attempt to influence or otherwise cause another user to move off the VRI Direct system and onto another video system.
Users share the responsibility to make certain that service events facilitated by VRI Direct are rewarding and hassle-free. We strongly encourage Service Recipients to work with Service Providers to resolve issues arising from a service event. However, when a Service Recipient is not satisfied with the services received by a Service Provider's agent, and the Service Provider does not provide adequate resolution to the Service Recipient, VRI Direct, with proper supporting evidence from Service Recipient and Service Recipient's client, may reimburse the Service Recipient subject to the conditions, exclusions, and coverage limitations of these Terms & Conditions. VRI Direct may reimburse the Service Recipient up to the full service price paid by the Service Recipient to the Service Provider, as described in this program. This policy may be suspended at any time if we suspect abuse or interference with the proper working of the program. The program under which this policy is administered is the VRI Direct Quality Protection Program, which is part of this Agreement and is incorporated by reference.
VRI Direct does notmanage or police the service terms that Service Providers and Service Recipients negotiate. However, VRI Direct recommends that Service Recipients execute contracts with Service Providers that are to render services on the System. Such contracts should stipulate price for services, deliverables, and should constitute a Service Level Agreement.
Service Recipient accounts may be managed by the Service Recipient, the Service Provider, or VRI Direct. The choice is made by both Service Recipients and Service Providers. Service Recipients will receive login information from either VRI Direct or the Service Provider.
System setup and service deployment will occur under the supervision of VRI Direct, Service Provider, and Service Recipient Information Technology staff.
Service Providers will receive preliminary login information from VRI Direct. System setup and service deployment will occur under the supervision of VRI Direct and Service Provider’s Information Technology staff
Service Provider Obligations
- Service Providers agree to maintain accurate and truthful information in an agent's profile, including language(s), certification(s), education, skills, and location.
- When applicable, Service Provider agrees to limit viewable information to professional information only.
- Service Provider agrees to comply with all applicable prescribed federal, state, and local government policies and rules governing the provision of services over a remote video interpreting system, such as HIPAA, FERPA, HIGHTECH, and any other applicable policies.
- Service Providers agree to follow the program requirements as explained in the VRI Direct Quality Protection Program.
- All Service Providers with an open claim must work in good faith to resolve the claim, refund money, and/or provide a credit for future services as explained by the VRI Direct Purchase Protection Policy.
- If a Service Provider does not resolve a claim, the Service Provider agrees to pay VRI Direct the amount paid by VRI Direct to the Service Recipient in accordance with the VRI Direct Purchase Protection policy. VRI Direct will invoice the Service Provider for such amounts and Service Provider agrees to pay VRI Direct in accordance with the invoice terms.
Service Provider Reseller Agreements
Service Providers may choose to participate in Reseller Agreements, wherein a Service Provider enters into an agreement to receive support services (hereinafter the "Reseller") from another Service Provider for Reseller's customers. Reseller Agreements are not binding contracts with VRI Direct and VRI Direct shall not be held liable for any claims arising from such agreements.
Abusing VRI Direct
VRI Direct and the network of Users work together to keep our sites and services working properly and the network safe. Please report problems and policy violations to us.
Without limiting other remedies, if we think a User is acting or has acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies, we may without prior notice limit, suspend, or terminate User's VRI Direct accounts, or prohibit access to our sites' services, and tools, or take any other technical and legal steps necessary to prevent further inconsistent action.
Fees and Services
VRI Direct subscriptions, which will allow Service Providers to provide service to Service Recipients on the System, must be paid using either a a credit card, wire transfer, or check. VRI Direct charges fees for using the System. Before providing services, Service Providers have an opportunity to review and accept the fees they will be charged based on our fees schedule, which VRI Direct reserves the right to change. Changes to that schedule are effective after we provide you with at least 30 days notice by posting the changes on the VRI Direct site. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our services for promotional events (for example, zero-per-minute-fee-days) or new services. Such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new service on the site, and end when the post is removed.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. Users are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with our site and services in a timely manner with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. This includes retaining collection agencies and legal counsel, and for accounts over 60 days past due, deducting the amount owed from your associated account balance.
VRI Direct provides technical support for Service Recipients and Service Providers for issues that relate directly or indirectly to the VRI Direct Platform. We provide this support through various online and offline resources and through our free and paid helpdesk plans. Our resources include configuration, setup, and troubleshooting tools built into our Platform; documentation found on our support website at http://support.vridirect.com; online and printed documents that we may distribute directly to you; and online video tutorials. These resources are available to you on demand unless otherwise noted, below.
Our helpdesk includes e-mail and phone support and is split into free and paid plans. Our free helpdesk support plan covers five basic areas:
- Call placement, call quality, and call connection issues between Service Recipients and Service Providers; these support issues take precedence over all other issues reported to us;
- Initial support for repeatable tasks, such as VRI station testing/validation, new user creation, VRI test calls, and other such tasks that you can accomplish on your own after we train you;
- Customer and Agency account setups with fewer than 30 users;
- Tier 2 support for VRI station setup and configuration, after you've made a best effort at solving your issues using our free support resources;
- Reports of errors or unexplained behaviors in our Platform.
Free helpdesk support for all above areas is available Monday through Friday from 7am-7pm Mountain time. Free helpdesk support for critical issues involving call placement, call quality, and call connection issues is available 24/7/365. Other issues reported after hours will be addressed on the next business day.
With few exceptions, our free helpdesk support cannot respond to issues that are not tied directly to the VRI Direct Platform. For example, general computing questions, problems with your Internet service provider, help installing your new wireless router, trouble removing viruses from your computer, and questions about interpreter scheduling should all be sent to your own IT resources or to your Service Provider.
We also offer paid helpdesk plans subject to terms and conditions agreed to between VRI Direct and each Service Recipient or Service Provider. These plans cover additional tasks such as repeated VRI station testing, random or targeted VRI test calls, Customer and Agency account setups of 30 or more users, and other tasks that we agree to support. In no case will we charge helpdesk fees to you without prior written agreement in the form of a signed Helpdesk Contract.
When you give us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, trademark, publicity, and database rights (but no other rights) you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future.
For the convenience of Service Recipients, we may provide a means whereby interpreters' photos, images, certifications, resumes, curriculum vitae, transcripts, diplomas, or other reliable, qualifying information will be viewable to any Service Recipient. Content providers agree to be solely responsible for all such information. You may not use posted content in a way that infringes or violates anyone's proprietary rights.
Limitation of Liability
VRI Direct will not be responsible for other users' content, actions, or inactions. You acknowledge that we are not a traditional transaction broker. Instead, the site is a venue to allow anyone to offer, sell, and buy interpreting services for almost any language, at anytime, from anywhere, using a variety of pricing methods. We are not involved in the negotiated transactions between Service Recipients and Service Providers. While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes, we have no control over, and do not guarantee the quality, safety, or legality of services advertised, the truth or accuracy of Users' content, the ability of Service Providers to perform as advertised, the ability of Service Recipients to pay for services, or that a Service Recipient or Service Provider will actually complete a transaction. In no case will VRI Direct be held responsible or liable for violations of contracts or agreements held between members.
Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our sites, services, or tools, and operation of our sites, services, or tools may be interrupted by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms, and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising, directly or indirectly, from your use of, or your inability to use our sites, services, and tools.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total subscription fees you paid to us in the 2 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (b) USD $100.00.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising from, or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
Access and Interference
VRI Direct's site employs methods such as robot exclusion headers to prevent Web spiders and other Web robots from accessing all or part of VRI Direct's Web properties. Much of the information on the sites is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to VRI Direct by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the sites for any purpose without our express written consent.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for your information) from the sites without the prior express written permission of VRI Direct and the appropriate third party, as applicable.
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the sites, services, or tools, or any activities conducted on or with the sites, services, or tools.
- Bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the sites.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the VRI Direct system, breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or agreement with a third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served on VRI Direct's national registered agent (in the case of VRI Direct) or to the email address you provide to VRI Direct during the registration process (in your case). Notice shall be deemed to be given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed to be given three days after the date of mailing.
Resolution of Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and VRI Direct, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost-effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and VRI Direct agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a "Claim") in accordance with one of the subsections below or as we and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by e-mailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
- Law and Forum for Disputes - This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Arizona as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Arizona between Arizona residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against VRI Direct must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Maricopa County, Arizona, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Maricopa County, Arizona, for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
- Arbitration Option - For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party that requests relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost-effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative-dispute resolution (ADR) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, or be based solely on written submissions. The specific manner shall be chosen by the party that initiates the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment of the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Improperly Filed Claims - All claims brought against VRI Direct must be resolved in accordance with this Resolution of Disputes section. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Resolution of Disputes section shall be considered improperly filed. Should a claim be filed contrary to the Resolution of Disputes section, VRI Direct may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to $1000, provided that VRI Direct has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
VRI Direct LLC has a mailing address at PO Box 25829 Tempe, Arizona, 85285. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. At our sole discretion, we may assign this Agreement in accordance with the Notices Section. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee that we will take action against all breaches of this Agreement.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted. Additionally, we will notify you through the VRI Direct Message Center. This Agreement may not be otherwise amended except in a writing hand signed by you and us. For purposes of this provision, a "writing" does not include an email message and a signature does not include an electronic signature.
This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The following Sections survive any termination of this Agreement: Fees and Services (with respect to fees owed for our services), Release, Content, Liability, Indemnity, and Resolution of Disputes.
This VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy is effective as of July 19, 2010.
Introducing VRI Direct Quality Protection
VRI Direct hosts the dispute resolution process when Service Recipients claim to a Service Provider that their services did not meet the standards set by qualifications described in the listing. The VRI Direct resolution process is the primary avenue for settling disputed VRI Direct transactions and is designed to:
- Help Service Recipients and Service Providers resolve disputes in fewer steps, and provide Service Recipients with a more familiar e-commerce resolution experience.
- Offer an option to contact VRI Direct if Service Recipients and Service Providers cannot reach resolution themselves. We will take a more active role to ensure that transaction problems are resolved.
VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy
All transactions by eligible Service Recipients that meet these conditions and do not fall within an exclusion or coverage limitation are covered by the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy. Please note that the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy applies only to the transaction; it is not a quality guarantee or insurance of any kind or a solution for Service Recipients' legal exposure. This Policy is subject to all of the terms and conditions of VRI Direct.com.
To take advantage of the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy, Service Recipients should first contact the Service Provider and attempt to resolve the issue. If the Service Recipient does not hear from the Service Provider or cannot resolve the issue with the Service Provider, they can file a case under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy.
Service Recipients permit us to make a final decision, in our sole discretion, on any claim that a Service Recipient files with VRI Direct under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy.
Conditions under which a case can be filed under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy
Service Recipients can file a case under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy when all of the following are true:
1. The Filer is an eligible Service Recipient.
2. The Filer completed a purchase for service on VRI Direct and submitted a claim within 45 days from the date of service.
3. The Filer purchased the service on VRI Direct by using the VRI Direct payment system.
4. The Filer paid for the service in one lump payment. Transactions that involve multiple payments, such as an initial payment followed by a final payment, or such as transactions that exhaust the prepaid credits thereby creating an outstanding balance, are not covered.
5. The service is not excluded from the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy (see Exclusions).
6. There is a good-faith dispute between the Filer and the Service Provider regarding the service. A good-faith dispute is when services were not congruent with the service criteria that was selected prior to connection. A good-faith dispute does not exist if the Filer improperly claims that the Service Provider has not met the client's needs, or if the claim is that service was not received when in fact it was.
7. The Filer has not initiated another form of resolution processing, including a credit card chargeback or a PayPal Quality Protection claim.
The VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy does not cover certain types of services, such as false, abusive or illegitimate claims, or transactions that may have been compensated by a third party. Additionally, the following purchases are excluded:
- Services that violate our prohibited or restricted services policy.
- Services that were provided within an organization, where the Service Provider is an employee or in-house contractor of the Service Recipient.
- Services provided and/or purchased outside of the VRI Direct platform found at http://vridirect.com.
Service Recipient eligibility and other restrictions
Only Service Recipients who have purchased services on the United States' VRI Direct.com site are eligible for the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy. Service Recipients who file a case through VRI Direct Quality Protection who did not purchase service on the U.S. VRI Direct.com site will be directed to the existing resolution process for the site they used, if any. Service Providers will use the resolution process initiated by the Service Recipient. Resolution responsibilities and protections are outlined on the site of registration.
Service Recipients who we believe are attempting to commit, or are committing fraud, are governed by the "Abusing VRI Direct" conditions of our User Agreement. Fraud, in this case, can include, but is not limited to, making claims that are not backed by a good-faith dispute, making claims in addition to attempting to receive reimbursement from another source (e.g., a credit card chargeback), or any other means by which one can unjustly benefit from VRI Direct Quality Protection. Service Recipients who fall under the "Abusing VRI Direct" conditions are subject to our remedies as described in the User Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right to temporarily, indefinitely, or permanently suspend coverage under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy, immediately and without prior notice, if we suspect abuse, excessive claims, tampering, or interference with the proper working of VRI Direct Quality Protection.
Fraudulent charges not covered
Fraudulent charges to a credit card or a PayPal account are not covered by the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy. If there are any charges on your PayPal account that are not authorized, report this in the PayPal Resolution Center. Fraudulent charges made on a credit card should be resolved with the credit card company.
Resolution of cases under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy
Service Recipients who have been unsuccessful in resolving a problem directly with a Service Provider can contact VRI Direct at email@example.com. We will review the case, run a fraud check, and confirm, where necessary, that the Service Recipient has already attempted to work with their Service Provider. If the Service Recipient is in good standing and the case meets the requirements of this policy, we will review additional transaction information to determine if the case is ready for resolution. For example, we may review the messages sent between the Service Recipient and Service Provider through VRI Direct's messaging system. Depending upon the nature of the case, resolution may not be proper at that time. For example, if there is a portion of payment still pending, resolution will not be appropriate.
If the case is ready to be resolved, VRI Direct will contact the Service Provider about the case. The Service Provider will have 7 days (or 10 days, if the transaction is cross border) to respond to the claim.
If the case is based on a "service not consistent with stated qualifications" complaint, where the agent is alleged to have misrepresented his or her skills and qualifications, the resolution would include providing documentation to VRI Direct that qualifications were properly described, or refunding the Service Recipient up to the full transaction amount.
Unless resolution of the case is accelerated, after 7 days (or 10 days if the transaction is cross border), VRI Direct will contact the Service Recipient to see if the Service Recipient is satisfied. If the Service Recipient is satisfied, the case is closed. If we do not hear from the Service Recipient within an appropriate time, we will not refund the cost of the claim or hold the Service Provider accountable for the transaction. If the Service Recipient is still working with the Service Provider or does not respond, we will contact the Service Recipient a week later.
If the Service Recipient informs VRI Direct that no resolution has been reached, VRI Direct will review the case. If we find in the Service Recipient's favor, VRI Direct will refund the cost of the service claim to the Service Recipient. After the refund has been processed VRI Direct will execute a credit from the Service Provider and the claim will be deemd fully settled.
Cash refunds processed outside of the VRI Direct payment processing system will be made with a PayPal credit. Refunds to purchase orders will be in the form of credits toward the purchase order. Users with an active PayPal account will log in to PayPal to claim the refund. Users without a PayPal account will be asked to create one with their VRI Direct registered email address to claim the refund. Full details on PayPal accounts can be found in the PayPal User Agreement. In the unlikely event that we are not able to send refunds to a PayPal account, we may provide refunds in another form, including a voucher redeemable on VRI Direct.com. Refunds will not be made in any other manner.
There may be times when VRI Direct - in its sole discretion -opts to reimburse the Service Recipient without any impact on the Service Provider.
How Service Providers may be protected from losing a claim
For "service not received" claims, Service Providers are protected from losing a claim if they provide proof of service to VRI Direct. Proof of service is information from a session that clearly demonstrates that a session was initiated with intent and for the purpose of connecting to an agent. Such information may include the acknowledgement of the agent by the staff user initiating the call.
For "service not consistent with stated qualifications" claims, Service Providers may protect themselves from losing a claim if they provide clear documentation that qualifications were described properly. For example, claims may be resolved in the Service Provider's favor when the Service Provider provides documentation of either of the following situations:
- Qualifications were properly and accurately described.
- Qualifications were properly described but did not meet Service Recipients' expectations.
If a case is settled in the Service Recipient's favor, a Service Provider may appeal the decision by providing the appropriate documentation via the VRI Direct Resolution Center. If the decision is reversed, the Service Provider will be refunded the reimbursement amount back to the original reimbursement method. However, any VRI Direct or PayPal fees associated with the transaction will not be refunded.
Reimbursements from Service Providers
We require VRI Direct Service Providers to comply with our resolution process. Service Providers permit us to make a final decision, at our sole discretion, on any claim that a Service Recipient files with VRI Direct under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy. If we resolve a dispute in the Service Recipient's favor, we will refund the Service Recipient for the cost of the service and we will require the Service Provider to reimburse us for the refund. Without limiting the foregoing, Service Providers may not have to pay a reimbursement for a VRI Direct claim if they provide the documentation (for example, proof that the qualifications were as described) indicated in the section above. Other requirements for reimbursements from Service Providers are:
- Service Providers must have a reimbursement method on file with VRI Direct.
- For transactions involving transfer of VRI Direct payment credits, Service Providers agree to allow us to remove credits from their VRI Direct payment accounts to reimburse Service Recipients.
- For transactions paid with PayPal, Service Providers agree to allow us to remove funds from their PayPal accounts to reimburse Service Recipients. Service Providers may change this reimbursement method by contacting VRI Direct.
- Where there are insufficient funds in either the VRI Direct credit account or the PayPal account, transactions are not paid with credits or PayPal, or where PayPal is not the reimbursement method of a Service Provider, we will require another reimbursement method.
For future claims where a determination is made against the Service Provider, we will notify the Service Provider and continue to charge the Service Providers preferred method for any reimbursements made under the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy. Changing a reimbursement method will not affect VRI Direct's use of a payment method on file for other purposes (such as payment of VRI Direct fees). If Service Providers do not provide VRI Direct with a valid reimbursement method, we may collect amounts owed using other collection mechanisms, including retaining collection agencies. We may also suspend or restrict Service Providers from using our site until payment is made.
Relationship between VRI Direct Quality Protection, and other resolution methods (PayPal Quality Protection, and credit card/debit card chargebacks)
The VRI Direct resolution process is the primary avenue for settling issues with on-VRI Direct transactions. However, Service Recipients using PayPal also have the option to continue with the PayPal system instead, or to file a chargeback if payment was made by credit card. Once a Service Recipient selects a system, VRI Direct, PayPal, or chargeback, they are required to use that system for the duration of the case.
Following are the basic principles behind how VRI Direct manages dispute resolution between VRI Direct, PayPal, and chargebacks:
- VRI Direct Quality Protection is the primary program for settling issues with VRI Direct transactions.
- No double consequences for Service Providers, and no double refunds for Service Recipients.
- Chargebacks override all other disputes.
PayPal Quality Protection
Service Recipients who make a purchase on VRI Direct using PayPal may also file a dispute using PayPal Quality Protection. If a Service Recipient chooses to resolve the dispute through PayPal, then the VRI Direct Quality Protection Policy will not apply (instead, PayPal Quality Protection will apply). If resolution on a case is reached by VRI Direct, then PayPal should be notified to close future claims regarding the same transaction that are made through PayPal Quality Protection.
Chargebacks filed on a VRI Direct transaction will close all claims filed with VRI Direct or PayPal.
A Service Provider found at fault for a VRI Direct Quality Protection claim who provides reimbursement to a Service Recipient, then loses a chargeback, may appeal the VRI Direct Quality Protection decision by providing evidence of the lost chargeback through the VRI Direct Resolution Center. If the appeal is granted, the Service Provider will be refunded the reimbursement amount.
Service Recipients who file a chargeback after receiving a refund are abusing VRI Direct Quality Protection and may be subject to consequences outlined in our abusing VRI Direct policy.
Service Providers on VRI Direct may be charged a subscription fee. After providing services you will be charged a service fee. The basic cost of selling a service is the subscription fee plus the service fee.
All fees are in U.S. dollars.
VRI Direct charges $120 per month for Service Providers to offer VRI Direct Platform services to Service Recipients.
VRI Direct incorporates two types of transactional fees: A VRI Direct Service Charge paid directly to VRI Direct, and a Service Provider Fee paid to the Service Provider providing the session service.
VRI Direct Service Charge: VRI Direct charges $0.50 per participant-minute (excluding the caller) of connection time for all sessions processed over the system. For billing purposes, we define a "participant-minute" as a minute of participation by any person or entity on the call other than the Caller. For instance, a doctor and patient (collectively the "Caller") talking with an interpreter (the "Agent") for 10 minutes would be charged 10 participant-minutes x $0.50/minute = $7.00.
Service Provider Fee: Each Service Provider sets up one or more Price Plans with each Service Recipient utilizing the Service Provider's services. Each Price Plan contains a set of structured fees determined by the Service Provider that may include any combination of per-minute fees based on language and skill, minimum charges, and minimum charged minutes. These fees are typically discussed and agreed upon directly between the Service Providers and the Service Recipients.
All service charges and fees accrue during the session and are calculated at the end of each session. Calculations are based on the number of seconds of call time, rounded up to the next second.
To help streamline billing, VRI Direct offers Service Recipients the option to pre-pay for minutes of service by purchasing Credits. When utilized by Service Recipients, all calculated service charges and fees automatically debit from the Service Recipient's Credit account at the end of each call.
Changes to VRI Direct Fees
Fees may be eliminated or discounted temporarily or permanently without prior notice. If VRI Direct increases fees, 30 days notice of such changes will be given to Users.
VRI Direct may negotiate other fee types and rate schedules with Service Providers and Service Recipients on a case-by-case basis. Such agreements must be executed in writing. For details, please contact VRI Direct.
VRI Direct's highest priority is its members' service success. However, the VRI Direct site may occasionally experience outages during which Service Recipients cannot receive services or cannot effectively locate Service Providers. If such outages occur, VRI Direct will take every step to bring services back online as quickly as possible.
VRI Direct will not be responsible for any loss stemming from such an outage, regardless of whether the loss was directly or indirectly the result of the outage.
Rules for Listing Interpreting Services
These rules help provide a better and safe experience on VRI Direct. To help the process run smoothly, please review and follow these rules when you offer services to customers. We understand that mistakes could be made that might cause you to not follow a VRI Direct policy. If your service is allowed, you might only need to edit your profile so it meets our guidelines.
Basics of VRI Direct
Service Provider Practices Policy
Become a better Service Provider by providing excellent customer service and following the guidelines in this policy.
To run a great business, Service Providers work hard to ensure smooth and professional transactions with their clients. This includes helping to set client expectations and then meeting those expectations.
Provide accurate and consistent details about your qualifications and skills. Make every effort to provide excellent customer service from start to finish, including:
- Specifying and honoring your scheduled appointment times
- Promptly responding to clients' questions
- Being professional throughout the transaction
Follow the guidelines in this policy. Otherwise, your profiles might be removed and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your account privileges or suspension of your account.
Rules about Intellectual Property
We are committed to maintaining a safe place to provide and receive services, as well as assisting parties to protect their intellectual property rights. When other people's intellectual property such as copyrighted material and trademarks are used unlawfully, it is considered to be infringement, which is not only against the law, but also against VRI Direct policies.
To learn more about the laws and regulations that protect intellectual property, see the U.S. Copyright Office website and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website. All Service Providers on VRI Direct need to be certain they are following all applicable laws and regulations.
When managing a profile and/or listing services on VRI Direct, follow our rules and guidelines by using only company names, slogans, and graphics to which you have the legal rights.
Follow the guidelines in this Policy. Otherwise, your profiles may be removed and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your account privileges or suspension of your account.
VRI Direct Fee Avoidance
If a Service Provider does not pay its fees, the Service Provider's profile(s) may be removed and account privileges could be limited. Please pay your subscriptions on time.
Hateful, offensive, profane, or vulgar language is not allowed. Upon receipt of a complaint, VRI Direct will determine if the material in question violates this Policy.
Accepted payments policy
The Accepted Payments policy ensures that users on VRI Direct are offered safe and convenient payment options. VRI Direct accepts the following electronic payment choices: PayPal and credit card or debit card processed through PayPal
VRI Direct "credits" payments policy
Service Providers who offer services on VRI Direct must accept payments through the VRI Direct Payment Processing System. Service Providers must have a PayPal account in order to receive payment from VRI Direct. Service Providers may not communicate to buyers that they accept only a certain type of payment, or that they will not accept VRI Direct payments.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Account cancellation
- Forfeiture of VRI Direct Credits remaining on account
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
Service Location Misrepresentation Policy
Service Providers must be clear and accurate about their location. VRI Direct does not allow false, inaccurate, or misleading information about a Provider's location.
If your profile does not follow the guidelines, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges or suspension of your account.
Rules for Posting Services for Sale
Rules and policies help keep our website a safe place for all members. As a Service Provider you are responsible for reviewing and understanding VRI Direct's rules and policies, as well as all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the VRI Direct User Agreement. Before selling VRI services with the intent to provide that service on VRI Direct, you should review the following information:
Prohibited and Restricted Services
Our rules about services that are not allowed or are allowed only under certain conditions are often based on country and state laws, including licensure, copyright, or trademark laws. Users accept all responsibility for complying with such laws and regulations, and by using VRI Direct's system agree to comply with them.
Provider Performance Standards
Service Providers are expected to provide a great service for their Service Recipients. Our business, like yours, depends on high-quality service and a strong reputation. On VRI Direct, performance is measured directly using Service Provider ratings or surveys, and indirectly through word of mouth and unsolicited praise or complaints reported at times by Service Recipients. If we have reason to think that your performance is negatively impacting our business's reputation, our goodwill, or our financial standing, we will work with you to resolve the situation, but we also reserve the right to suspend or terminate your service offering on our Platform at our discretion.
Provider Practices Policy
Earning high ratings and keeping clients satisfied should be a goal for all Providers. Providers are expected to give great customer service throughout a transaction, as well as clear, accurate, and consistent details about qualifications and skills if asked. If you do not follow the guidelines, your profile may be disabled, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges, suspension of your account, or termination of your account.
Reporting Inappropriate Usage of Our Service
VRI Direct investigates and tries to resolve cases of inappropriate usage. Users that encounter violations of VRI Direct's policies are urged to notify VRI Direct in writing as soon as the inappropriate usage is noted. VRI Direct understands that it can be difficult to know when to report a potential offense. A rule of thumb is that if you wouldn't commit the violation, others shouldn't, either.